Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11--Moab, wind, wind, wind







Last night was miserable; I thought the wind was driving me crazy! At 1:00 I turned on the lights and moved the slide in on the motorhome. Then at 3:30 I woke Gary up (how can men sleep through anything) and got him to go outside and take the screen off the windshield. The wind was blowing so hard that the magnets were slamming against the windows. Gusts were 45 mph and I think I felt every gust. The wind has been overdoing it ever since we left home, but this was the worst. The wind continued today, but has calmed down now (6:30 p.m.). I'm hoping that it doesn't follow frequent patterns and start gusting about bedtime.

We drove Utah 128, a scenic byway that follows the Colorado River through the canyons east of Moab., wonderful canyons and a white-capping river. We stopped in Moab and Gary went into a electronics store. A huge gust blew in while he was gone and I swear it moved the jeep.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we move to Dead Horse Point State Park. I may not be able to blog until Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I heard on FOX News parts of Utah may get 20 inches of snow.Be alert!

    ReplyDelete